Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing Contents of a cell.

Select the column and pull-down:

Data Text to Columns... Delimited Next check space clear tab Next
click first column General click next column do not import Finish
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200770

"Adam" wrote:

Hey Thanks for the help,

Can you walk me through doing the without VBA method. THanks,

-ADam
"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Without VBA, use Text to Columns with the space as a separator.

With VBA, select the cells and run:

Sub numberr()
For Each r In Selection
r.Value = Split(r.Value, " ")(0)
Next
Gary''s Student - gsnu200770

"Adam" wrote:

Ok, So i have a few columns of data with about 1600 rows or so per column

The data in the rows looks like what is shown below. The numbers in the
rows are stored as text. Here is what i need to do, I need the first number
ONLY, and not the percentage. So basically i need to turn every cell into
the number that appears first in every cell, and then delete the parentheses
and percentages.

Anyone have any easy way to do this?

3 (8%)
4 (12%)