Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Sorting data in Excel

One mo

Option Explicit
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim RngToCopy As Range
Dim DestCell As Range

Set RngToCopy = Worksheets("ScoutList08 & Sales-to-date").Range("B2:B75")

Set DestCell = Worksheets("DataEntry").Range("c5000")

RngToCopy.Copy _
Destination:=DestCell

With DestCell.Resize(RngToCopy.Rows.Count, RngToCopy.Columns.Count)
.Cells.Sort key1:=.Columns(1), Order1:=xlAscending, _
header:=xlYes, OrderCustom:=1, _
MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
End With

Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

I changed the xlGuess to xlYes. Since it's your data, I bet you know if it has
headers or not. I wouldn't let excel guess.

Cartoper wrote:

I am a C/C++/.Net developer. I am working on a basic Excel
spreadsheet for my son's Boy Scout Troop. A friend gave me the
following code to copy the list of scouts names from one place, sort
it and paste it into another place but for some reason the sorting is
not working. Any suggestions?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("ScoutList08 & Sales-to-date").Select
Range("B2:B75").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("DataEntry").Select
Range("C5000").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C5001"), Order1:=xlAscending,
Header:=xlGuess _
, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Range("A6").Select
End Sub

Cartoper

--