Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K[_2_] K[_2_] is offline

Default MERGE ROW CELLS BY MACRO

On 15 Feb, 21:06, "Sandy Mann" wrote:
Please do not start a new thread every time that you ask a related
question - this just fragments your requests and makes it more difficult for
people to help you. *This is the third thread that you have started on the
same theme

If you mean to put the merged cells in the inserted rows then try:

Sub InsertIt()
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim StartRow As Long
StartRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row - 1

Cells(StartRow + 1, 1).Resize(6, 1).EntireRow.Insert

LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Range(Cells(StartRow, 1), Cells(LastRow, 1))
* * .DataSeries Rowcol:=xlColumns, Type:=xlLinear, Date:=xlDay, _
* * * * Step:=1, Trend:=False
End With

For mrow = StartRow + 2 To LastRow
* * Cells(mrow, 9).Resize(1, 6).Merge
Next mrow

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

I note that you are setting StartRow to one Row less than the last Row then
adding 1 to it. *Why not just use StartRow in the first place?

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"K" wrote in message

Hi i have this macro (please see below)

Sub InsertIt()
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim StartRow As Long
StartRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row - 1
Cells(StartRow + 1, 1).Resize(6, 1).EntireRow.Insert
Cells(StartRow + 1, 9).Resize(6, 6).Merge
LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Range(Cells(StartRow, 1), Cells(LastRow, 1))
.DataSeries Rowcol:=xlColumns, Type:=xlLinear, Date:=xlDay, _
Step:=1, Trend:=False
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

This macro basically insert 6 rows and i wanted to merge each row
cells (the one been inserted
by macro) from coloumn "I" to "N". *one of online friend send me this
line to insert in macro to merge cells.
Cells(StartRow + 1, 9).Resize(6, 6).Merge
by putting this line in macro works fine but instead of merging each
row from coloumn "I" to "N" it merge 6 rows and make one big cell. *i
want those rows (the one been inserted by macro) to merge each
saperatly from coloumn "I" to "N". *Please any body can help as i need
this for my project. *Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Sandy, sorry for raising question again as i needed it urgent and i
get answer sometime very late . your macro working perfectly fine.
Thanks a lot