Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default exclude holidays on UserForm Calendar control

Set up a named range "Holidays" with all your holiday and other 'office closed' dates, then use

If IsError(Application.Match(Calendar1.Value, Range("Holidays"), False)) Then Msgbox "That's a
holiday!"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"#DIV/0" wrote in message
How can I stop people selecting a listed company holiday from the calendar
control ?
I already have a named range that I'm using for the weekday function
directly on the worksheet but I can't get the syntax for getting it to work
from a userform.
For Weekends I already have Calendar1_Click do these checks
If WorksheetFunction.Weekday(Calendar1.Value) = 1
If WorksheetFunction.Weekday(Calendar1.Value) = 7
which open a msgbox "choose another date, stoopid - you'll be on vacation
that day!" (or words to that effect).

Now I need a third line for the range that includes national holidays and
other days the company will be closed.

--
David M
WinXP - Office2003 (Italian)