Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default help with formula please

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:33:27 -0000, "dido22" wrote:

Hello.

I am developing a workbook to track my finances.

One sheet has a list of all my expected bills with their start dates. Some
bills are quarterly, eg telephone. Before adding/subtractiong these to my
current account I need to test that today's date is 3,6,9,12,15 etc etc
months after the start date. I know how to use IF functions, but the formula
I am getting is very messy. Is there an elegant way of doing this?

Thanks for all ideas, I use excel 2007

KK

Hard to tell exactly what you want, but perhaps you can use the EDATE function.

Please give some examples of various data and desired output of formula.