Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Default Merge several fixed width text files into one

I adapted your example code and it works perfectly - and fast...

Thanks much Jim!

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Adapt this:

Sub a()
Dim SrcFiles, CurrSrc As String
Dim DestFile As String, Counter As Integer
Dim TextLine As String
SrcFiles = Array("c:\File1.txt", "c:\File2.txt")
Open "c:\file3.txt" For Output As #1
For Counter = 0 To UBound(SrcFiles)
Open SrcFiles(Counter) For Input As #2
Do While Not EOF(2)