Denise

Default Why does my format keep changing in the cell?

I keep having issues with excel and it is always the same. I will be working
in a sheet and in the same column but different row and all of a sudden it
changes my format from general to a date format. I then go to edit and clear
contents and it resets to general and as soon as I go back to the cell and
enter the number and hit tab it resets to the date format again. This also
happens to my date formatting as well. I want it to be in one date format
and it keeps changing it to a different date format. I should be able to
type in aug10 and get my format selection of 08/10/2005 but it shows up as
Oct.-08.