Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Stop the macro at the end of a certain column #2

C.address is in A1 reference style.

You could check
if c.address = "$AU$65535"

"Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Some nice person out there gave me the code " If c.Address = "R65535C47" Then
Exit For End If"
to end my macro but I just can't seem to get it to work. When I test the
macro everything runs fine, the highlight ends up at location R65535C47.
[This cell has a 1 in it] But it doesn't recognize the cell reference and
skips to the End IF. I have tried several different approaches but nothing
seems to work......Any Ideas?

(The macro is for class dates, it designates 1's for start dates and 2's for
end class dates then loops through an entire worksheet finds 1's and 2's and
fills in the cells inbetween with 1's)

Sub FindOnes()

Dim r As Range
Dim Topcell As Variant
Dim Bottomcell As Variant

Set r = ActiveSheet.Range("E3:AU65534")
Range("E3").Select

For Each c In r

Cells.Find(What:="1", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:
= _
False, SearchFormat:=True).Activate
If ActiveCell.Value = 1 Then
Set Topcell = ActiveCell

If c.Address = "R65535C47" Then
Exit For
End If

Cells.Find(What:="2", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:
= _
False, SearchFormat:=True).Activate
If ActiveCell.Value = 2 Then
Set Bottomcell = ActiveCell

If Topcell = 1 Then Set Topcell = Topcell
Range(Topcell, Bottomcell).Select
Selection.FillDown
Bottomcell.Select

Next