Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hannah Lu[_2_] Hannah Lu[_2_] is offline

Default Msgbox freezing in beforeprint module

David,
Thank you so much for your reply! I didn't even think about the
application.screenupdating part, I did indeed have it set to false at the
beginning of the procedure, and the END statement wasn't resetting it to
true. I added application.screeupdating = true just before the END statement
and it did the trick. Again, thank you!
-Hannah

"David Sauder" wrote:

I couldn't duplicate this behaviour (in Excel XP), so I can't be sure
what is going on. However, it sounds like it MIGHT be a problem with
screenupdating being turned off by some other event procedure - that
"End" statement might prevent screenupdating being turned on again.
A couple of things to try:

1. replace END with EXIT SUB
2. if that doesn't do it, just before the exit sub put in msgbox
application.screenupdating just to see if the screenupdating is off
or not
3. add a break point and then step through this procedure to see if
any other code is being invoked (e.g. by some other application event)

David Sauder