Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JPCPA JPCPA is offline

Default cell value from different worksheet

Dave & Nigel,
Thanks for the responses -

Dave, I had the sheet spelled wrong (missing space). I also was referencing
the wrong cell - I did column,row, rather than row, column, hence the value
of the referenced cell was blank.

Nigel, Excellent thing to know. I've always selected the sheet first.
I'll note this for the future. Thank you.
--
JP

"Nigel" wrote:

Your code should work but no need to select

With Sheets("Sample Selection")
.Unprotect
.Cells(2,5) = Sheets("SampleCalc").Cells(3,45)
End With

Nigel

"JPCPA" wrote in message
I have a user form that, based on the option button selected, a value needs
to be returned from a different cell in a separate worksheet. I get an
out
of range error when I try the following code:

Sheets("Sample Selection").Select
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Cells(2, 5) = Worksheets("SampleCalc").Cells(3, 45)

What am I doing wrong?

--
JP