Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] paul.robinson@it-tallaght.ie is offline

Default Validation list functionality disappered

On Jan 30, 2:46*pm, Dr. Schwartz
wrote:
In Excel 2003 I have a specific sheet where the validation list does not
appear (arrow button gone) when set. I can set it up (Data/Validation menu)
as usual with out problems. The other sheets in the workbook do not have this
problem.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the phenomenon, but I have
recently run this macro in the sheet:

* * Dim shp As Shape
* * For Each shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
* * * * shp.Delete
* * Next

Can anyone help me get my validation lists back?

Thanks
The Doctor

Hi
May be a mile off, but is your validation above a Freeze Panes line?
Seem to remember validation not working above a Freeze Pane, at least
in earlier Excel versions..
Paul