Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected][_2_] MichaelPaul.Hernandez@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Incentive Spreadsheet Problem

On the top tier of my incentive spread sheet, any number that
surpasses $35,000 should be given a 10% bonus. The problem I am having
is when more than two sums are present, and taking a percentage of
each individual number given and not the lump sum.

The problem:

Entry 1) $45,000
-35,000= 10,000*.1 = $1,000
Entry 2) $55,000
-35,000= 20,000*.1 = $2,000

Since, 45,000 is already entered, only $10,000 needs to be multiplied
by 10%, giving $1,000 instead of $2,000.

How can I make a tier formula that would subtract the second number
(55,000) from the first number (45,000) to give me the $10,000
difference and a $1,000 dollar incentive without giving me a negative
number if a single entry is present.