Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
duckie duckie is offline

Default tabs

On Jan 30, 2:12*pm, JLGWhiz wrote:
The code you posted allows the user to put a name in cell A1 of
the active sheet and then activate the code to assign that name
to that sheet.

If you want the names in column C to be used for assignment to
the work sheets, you need to specify:
1. *Do the 20 sheets already exist or will new sheets be required?
2. *Will every sheet in the workbook be named from the names in
* * Column C or are you using additional sheets for other data?
3. *If you are using other sheets, how many and do you want them
* * to be the first sheet(s) on the left or last on the right.

The sheets will be named in the same order as the names are
listed in Column C from top to bottom.

"duckie" wrote:
I am still having problems with tab naming
I have a sheet named directory and in column c *from c4 to c23 I have
names of players which I want to be named on tabs on 20 work sheets
*I was given the following to use but I can not get it to work

Could someone please help me as the football season is ready to start

* * * * Const sNAMECELL As String = "A1"
* * * * Const sERROR As String = "Invalid worksheet name in cell "
* * * * Dim sSheetName As String
* * * * With Target
* * * * * * If Not Intersect(.Cells, Range(sNAMECELL)) Is Nothing
Then
* * * * * * * * sSheetName = Sheets("Sheet1").Range(sNAMECELL).Value
* * * * * * * * If Not sSheetName = "" Then
* * * * * * * * * * On Error Resume Next
* * * * * * * * * * Me.Name = sSheetName
* * * * * * * * * * On Error GoTo 0
* * * * * * * * * * If Not sSheetName = Me.Name Then _
* * * * * * * * * * * * MsgBox sERROR & sNAMECELL
* * * * * * * * End If
* * * * * * End If
* * * * End With
* * End Sub- Hide quoted text -

i already have the workbook and all the names are only on one sheet
called the directory