Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tina tina is offline

Default cells not registering as blank

Hi
I tried both methods still not working . I know the cells are blank as the
data imported is my data and i tried coping columns with data to new sheet
i.e. columns a:da then tried still failed to make it even more confusing the
formulas now works in first instance and allows me to enter data in first
cell found but when repeat later to get next cell it fails I can get round
this by range naming cell but I am confused why happening as this macro has
been working fine for a couple of years
Thanks for you time
Tina

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Hi tina, I get mixed results, but if I use:

Range("B2:H2").SpecialCells(xlBlanks).Select

Then I get the right results for the blank cells.

If I use Rows(2).Select, I get that row selected, but when I
use Rows("2:2").SpecialCells(xlBlanks).Select, it gives me
mixed results. Could be it don't like the Rows("2:2").

"tina" wrote:

Hi
I was using following code as part of macro which worked fine but now it
errors as no blank cells I tried highlighting row 2 and selecting edit goto
special blank cells states no cells . there are empty cells
Rows("2:2").Select
Selection.SpecialCells(xlBlanks).Select
I have not made changes to spreadsheet layout just imported new data
any Ideas
Thank you
Tina