Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ren Ren is offline

Default Sort all worksheet contents with a macro

Hi Tom,

i have multiple sheets from A to Z
and i need to sort column L
i used this code

Sub sort()
cells.sort Key1:=range("L2"), Header:=xlYes
End Sub

it's working for the single sheet.
but i want it for all sheets.
how to modify your code.i tried but could't get thru.

thanks in advance
Ren

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub SortWorksheets()

Dim N As Integer
Dim M As Integer
Dim FirstWSToSort As Integer
Dim LastWSToSort As Integer
Dim SortDescending As Boolean
Dim sh as Worksheet

SortDescending = False

If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count = 1 Then
FirstWSToSort = 1
LastWSToSort = Worksheets.Count
Else
With ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
For N = 2 To .Count
If .Item(N - 1).Index < .Item(N).Index - 1 Then
MsgBox "You cannot sort non-adjacent sheets"
Exit Sub
End If
Next N
FirstWSToSort = .Item(1).Index
LastWSToSort = .Item(.Count).Index
End With
End If

For M = FirstWSToSort To LastWSToSort
For N = M To LastWSToSort
If SortDescending = True Then
If UCase(Worksheets(N).Name) _
UCase(Worksheets(M).Name) Then
Worksheets(N).Move Befo=Worksheets(M)
End If
Else
If UCase(Worksheets(N).Name) < _
UCase(Worksheets(M).Name) Then
Worksheets(N).Move Befo=Worksheets(M)
Next N
Next M
for each sh in Thisworkbook.Worksheets
sh.UsedRange.Sort Key1:=sh.Range("A1"), _
Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes
Next
End Sub

Adjust the header setting to fit your data.

Tom Ogilvy

"Scott" wrote in message
I have searched the boards and have not found what I need. Hoping you can
help. I am using the following to sort worksheet order within a workbook

and
it is working perfectly.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

What I still haven't found is how to re-sort (by first column) the

contents
of all worksheets. Idea situation would be to combine this with the item
referenced above.

Thanks in advance.

Scott