Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Default indirect address offset in array formula

When using array formulas with the above functions I got what I didn't
expect, some of them work some of them it seems don't:
1. =ADDRESS({1\2\3},{1\2\3}) works fine when array - entered in a 3-
row/1-col table, displaying as expected :A1, B2, C3
2. =INDIRECT({"a1"\"b2"\"c3"}) does not get results except ErrValue
when array - entered in a 3-row/1-col table (but analogous ADDRESS
works, so is it a matter of arguments being numerical ?) - I wolud
espeially like this form of INDIRECT to work but it does not
3. similarily when I wanted to get the diagonal of a 4x4 matrix
starting at A13 by using =OFFSET (A13;{0\1\2\3};{0\1\2\3}) array -
entered in a 4-row/1-col table I didn't get the result except ErrValue
(bad arguments ?)
So why is ADDRESS working array-entered getting array as an result and
INDIRECT and OFFSET does not get the result as an array when array-
entered. Is it a mistake of me incorrectly entering these formulas ?
Thanks for suggestions
Tom