Debra Dalgleish

Perhaps the numbers in that row look like numbers, but are being treated
as text. You can use one of the techniques here to convert them:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html

Douglas Sey wrote:
I continue to have problems when attempting to do a numbers descending sort,
from a position where the data is in rows.
No trouble with other sorts of this type, but in this particular sort, a six
digit number is sorted behind a five digit number, perhaps because the first
digit of the five digit number is larger, than the first digit of the six
digit number. Or possibly because I have the dollar sign in front of my
figures?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List