Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Karen53 Karen53 is offline

Default Before Print Problem

Hi,

So far I have tried this at home and at work with the same result. I have
created a new workbook and the code works. I thought perhaps it was because
the workbook was protected. So, I tried it and it still worked. There has
to be something different with this workbook. I am going through what I can
think of one at a time to see if it makes a difference.

It executes the code but doesn't make the change. So far I haven't fouind
the difference. I'll continue tying difference things tomorrow. There are
only so many things I know of to try, though.

I am using Excel 2003 SP2 at home. At work I believe it is version 2003 as
well. I'll check tomorrow.

This is so strange. I don't have a lot of experience with this. Your help
is very appreciated.
---
Thanks for your help.
Karen53

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Just to muddy the waters...

What version of excel are you using?
What type of view are you using: Normal, page break preview, print layout?
If you create a new workbook with just enough data for testing and plop the code
in there, does that look ok?

I don't have a guess why it's not working for you.

Karen53 wrote:

This is so frustrating! What is going on?

The immediate window shows the code executing with the correct value for the
header variable, yet the header on the worksheet does not change.

If I do a print preview, the worksheet header changes.

I've run out of things to try.

--
Thanks for your help.
Karen53

"Tim Zych" wrote:

Try assigning it to a variable so the string can be fully resolved before it
goes into the header, e.g.

Dim HdrVal As String
HdrVal = "&C&14&B" & SumbyLineItempg.Range("E2").Value & _
"&4" & vbCrLf & "&12&A" & vbCrLf & " "
Debug.Print HdrVal
.CenterHeader = HdrVal

Then you can inspect it too to help narrow down the problem.

--
Tim Zych
SF, CA

"Karen53" wrote in message

I have the following BeforePrint routine in my ThisWorkbook module which
places a custom header on pages based on the value of cells in the sheet.
It
worked except now if the value of the cell changes, it is not picking up
the
change and stays with the old value in the header. This there something
am missing?

'add custom header to pages before printing

With SumbyLineItempg.PageSetup
.CenterHeader = "&C&14&B" & SumbyLineItempg.Range("E2").Value & _
"&4" & vbCrLf & "&12&A" & vbCrLf & " "
End With

With LineItemspg.PageSetup
.CenterHeader = "&C&14&B" & LineItemspg.Range("C2").Value & _
"&4" & vbCrLf & "&12&A" & vbCrLf & " "
End With

With MainPagepg.PageSetup
.CenterHeader = "&C&14&B" & MainPagepg.Range("B1").Value & _
"&4" & vbCrLf & "&12&A" & vbCrLf & " "
End With

Thanks for your help.
Karen53