Cathy Landry

Hi Harlan,

You could be right and the more I become familiar with Excel I may indeed
find that using advanced filters is the way to go. The spreadsheet I am
setting up will be a template for an expense management report to be copied
into on a monthly basis for an end user to analyze corp card usage and
possible mis-use. Unlike my other projects where I had access to the tables
to run sql scripts off of, this report is generated through a web based exp.
mngmnt tool which contain only "canned" reports. As you can imagine, having
them build a custom report is quite costly.

Thank you again....Cathy

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Cathy Landry wrote...
I did want only r & x, but then realized that if I needed to add/delete a
column in between them I'd have to adjust the code each time. By putting in
the range, it is working much better. Thank you very much to all that have
replied! Cathy

The advantage to using an advanced filter is that it uses field names
rather than column addresses. Add or remove as many columns as you want
as long as you keep the columns that were originally R and X. Wherever
they are, they'd retain their column labels/field names.

As for the macro, if you inserted a column to the left of X, then the
column that had been X would no longer be between columns R and X
inclusive. OTOH, if you deleted a column to the left of R, then the
column that had been R would no longer be between columns R and X. Your
rationale for using the code as-is is wrong. It won't help you if you
insert of delete columns.