Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
James[_43_] James[_43_] is offline

Default Two short questions

1) You need to declare the variable as a single or double precision, e.g.

Dim X as Single
Dim Y as Double

You can then use the Format function for when you wish to present the data.

2) You can use VbCrLf. For example

MsgBox X & vbCrLf & Y

This will place a carriage return line feed character after X and print Y
onto the next line.

Hope this helps...

Cheers

James

"WLMPilot" wrote in message
1) How is a variable DIM if it might hold decimal places?

2) Ref Msgbox, how do I show multiple lines within Msgbox? I have two
part-time jobs and I want to display the estimated pay for each for
current
payperiod and then a total. I can get it on one line, but I would like to
show each job on separate line and lined up so I can display total amount
too.

EXAMPLE: EMS Job1: $100.00
EMS Job2: $235.00
TOTAL: $335.00