Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
minimaster minimaster is offline

Default Workbooks.Open oddity

I'm struggeling to understand this.

I need to work with some data columns from a xml file. The columns do
contain numbers with a comma as decimal seperator. Same as in the
control panel settings.

Sub OpenXML()
Workbooks.Open Filename:="PAGE1.xml"
End Sub

When I start this procedure with Macros... run or directly in the VBE
it runs fine, the file is opened and all numbers are recognized as
numbers in Excel.

When I start the macro via a commandbarbutton from one of my add-ins
with commandbars the numbers are not recognized correctly and all
numbers are strings.

I've tried to start the macro via Excel.Application.Run "openXML" but
that didn't help either. (though I didn't believe it would make a
difference, but just in case)

Can anybody explain this?