David McRitchie

Hi Al,
Your personal.xls file should come up at startup, but it should be
hidden. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm

The file you last use should be listed in your File menu,
but there are a couple of things that might interfere with that.

Tools, Options, General, recently used files: 9
The maximum setting is 9. Watch out for software packages
that attempt to clear out MRU as that will clear out those names.

Tools, Customize, Options,
uncheck Menus show recently used commands first
---
HTH,

"Al Franz" wrote in message ...
For some reason when I click on an Excel file in Explorer File Browser,
Excel is opening as is PERSONAL.XLS. The actual spreadsheet is not? What
would of caused this behavior to startup. I have to go to FILE/OPEN inside
of Excel to access the spreadsheets now. Thanks!