Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default can't undo Full View with macro

You might not need all of these, but you can modify as required.

Sub reset()
With Application
.DisplayFullScreen = False
.DisplayFormulaBar = True
.DisplayStatusBar = True
End With
With ActiveWindow 'This with statement sets everything to normal
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
.DisplayWorkbookTabs = True
.DisplayHeadings = True
.DisplayGridlines = True
End With
End Sub

"gifer" wrote:

I have a file that uses Workbook_open () macro to set up a page to Full view
when my users open the file. That leaves the screen nice and clean with only
text boxes linked to macros for the user to click on.

Problem is when they are finished using the file, I use Workbook_BeforeClose
to try and restore the screen to normal view. I can get the sheet tabs and
row/column headings to show up, but Application.DisplayFullScreen = False
does nothing as far as getting the menu bar to appear again. Is there some
other more direct command to specifically get the menu to show up?

Thanks!

Excel2003/Windows 2000NT