Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Locked for editing problem

do have code that runs when the file is open?

try starting excel in safe mode and see if you can access the file.

if it's office 2003, try pasting this in the run box
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /s

or, hold down the shift key while you double click on the excel file.

--

Gary

"Alan M" wrote in message
I cannot save the file in another folder as I cannot open it to do so.

I tried rebooting and no luck

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

try saving it with the same name to a different folder. then open it and see
if
it works. you may try to restart your pc to remove the lock, too.

--

Gary

"Alan M" wrote in message
I have a workbook with VBA programming in which caused Excel to close for
some reason. Now when I go to re-open the workbook and select either enable
macros or disable macros at the prompt. I receive an error message which
says
the workbook is " locked for editing' and can only be opened as read-only.
If
I then continue it causes Excel to crash and close down.

Can anyone advise how I can recover this workbook and attached VBA code
please?