Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Locked for editing problem

try saving it with the same name to a different folder. then open it and see if
it works. you may try to restart your pc to remove the lock, too.

--

Gary

"Alan M" wrote in message
I have a workbook with VBA programming in which caused Excel to close for
some reason. Now when I go to re-open the workbook and select either enable
macros or disable macros at the prompt. I receive an error message which says
the workbook is " locked for editing' and can only be opened as read-only. If
I then continue it causes Excel to crash and close down.

Can anyone advise how I can recover this workbook and attached VBA code
please?