Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kent Kent is offline

Default Set EnableAutoRecover to False

I have an Excel application that is used by manys users with Excel
versions varying from Excel 2000 to Excel 2007. WIth the release of
Excel 2007, you must Digitally sign the project to enable macros.
However, Microsoft has a known bug that results in the users being
unable to save the file at times. The bug is a combination of
Autorecover and the digital signature. Microsoft's solution is to
disable autorecover. That can be done using:

ActiveWorkbook.EnableAutoRecover = False

However, since autorecovery was not available in Excel 2000, the
workbook has a compilaion error. I tried using conditinal compilation,
but I could not figure out how to use the Excel version in the
conditional compilation. I also thought I may be able to use
CallByName to solve this, but I couldn't figure out how to use that
with the ActiveWorkbook.EnableAutoRecover statement.

Any help will be MUCH appreciated.