woodlot4

I think this is what I have been searching for. I need to delete
duplicate addresses out of a list of thousands. This sounds like it
will work but I have no clue how to write and then apply a macro to do
it. How do I take the details below and apply it to my workbook?
woodlot4atyahoo.com

dominicb Wrote:
Good afternoon Adam a

The code listed below will do the trick for you. It will hide all rows
containing duplicate information, so you don't lose the information - it
just removes it from view. However feel free to alter it to delete the
rows completely if you wish.

Sub HideDuplicate()
On Error Resume Next
Set UsrRng = Selection
For Each UsrCel In UsrRng
Dupd = UsrCel.Address
Dupd = UsrRng.Find(What:=UsrCel, After:=UsrCel, LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False).Address
If Dupd < UsrCel.Address Then UsrCel.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Next UsrCel
End Sub

To use this highlight just one column that contains the duplicate
information and then run the macro.

HTH

DominicB

--