Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave D-C[_3_] Dave D-C[_3_] is offline

Default Set CommandBars Dropdown value

What type of dropdown controls do you have?
Is .Caption what you are looking for? Dave D-C

Paul Martin wrote:
Hi

- I have a number of dropdown controls on a custom toolbar.
- On Workbook_Close, I save to a worksheet the ListIndex properties of
each dropdown control.
- On Workbook_Open, my code builds the custom toolbar, and the user's
last dropdown selections are restored from the saved ListIndex values
stored in the worksheet.

- What I would like to do is save the Text property of the dropdown
control and then reset it at startup.
- The Text property appears to be read-only, so I can get it but not
set it.

Q1. Is there a property similar to Text that is read-write, so that I
can set the property?
Q2. ListIndex and Text are at least two properties of the dropdown's
properties that do not appear to be documented, nor are they available
with the VBE's Intellisense (dropdown lists when one types a period
after the object). Is there a definitive list somewhere that
documents these 'hidden' properties.

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia