Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rambo[_3_] Rambo[_3_] is offline

Default The Great Gatsby- Importing multiple external data files

On Jan 24, 10:27*am, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Try this examplehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/txtcsv.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Rambo" wrote in ...
Hi,

I am new to programming in excel so please bear with me. *I am trying
to write some code to automate the external data import of multiple
files. *I have recorded the following macro to give me some idea of
where to start but i need help on how to finish

Here is the code I have

With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
* * * *"TEXT;C:\Users\otto\Desktop\Pool Volume Data\house1",
Destination:= _
* * * *Range("A1"))
* * * *.Name = "house1" *<-- This is the name of the file that will
change i.e (house1,house2,house3)
* * * *.FieldNames = True
* * * *.RowNumbers = False
* * * *.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
* * * *.PreserveFormatting = True
* * * *.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
* * * *.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
* * * *.SavePassword = False
* * * *.SaveData = True
* * * *.AdjustColumnWidth = True
* * * *.RefreshPeriod = 0
* * * *.TextFilePromptOnRefresh = False
* * * *.TextFilePlatform = 437
* * * *.TextFileStartRow = 1
* * * *.TextFileParseType = xlDelimited
* * * *.TextFileTextQualifier = xlTextQualifierDoubleQuote
* * * *.TextFileConsecutiveDelimiter = True
* * * *.TextFileTabDelimiter = True
* * * *.TextFileSemicolonDelimiter = False
* * * *.TextFileCommaDelimiter = False
* * * *.TextFileSpaceDelimiter = True
* * * *.TextFileColumnDataTypes = Array(1, 1, 1)
* * * *.TextFileTrailingMinusNumbers = True
* * * *.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
* *End With
End Sub

I would like to have a macro that adds a new sheet to the workbook
and then loops through each of my files (house1 to house 70).

Any help that could be offered would be very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Rambo- Hide quoted text -

Much thanks for this...it works nicely

Rambo