Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Smallweed Smallweed is offline

Default xlDialogImportTextFile txt file name

Not sure if it's possible. The following is how I do that sort of thing - it
captures the file path which you can then feed into other routines (the If is
there to stop users picking more than one file - you may want to let them!):

Sub ReturnFile()
Dim dlg As FileDialog
Dim strPath As String

OpenAgain:
Set dlg = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
With dlg
If .Show = -1 Then
If .SelectedItems.Count 1 Then
MsgBox "You must open only one file."
GoTo OpenAgain
End If
strPath = .SelectedItems(1)
Else
Exit Sub
End If
End With
Set dlg = Nothing
MsgBox strPath
End Sub

"FallenFigLeaf" wrote:

I am calling xlDialogImportTextFile, selecting the txt file to import, and
then manipulating the imported data.

How do I capture the name of the txt file I selected to import and still use
xlDialogImportTextFile?