Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Groups in Option buttons

You are probably right; but, of course, the GroupName property is not the
same as a GroupBox... the OP's use of references to names for controls from
both the Forms and Visual Basic toolbars is what left me (and still leaves
me) wondering exactly what he is doing.

Rick

Hi Rick,

I suspect ActiveX OB's on a form or a sheet. OptionButton's GroupName
property enables sets of mutually exclusive buttons as an alternative to
say placing each set in its own Frame.

Regards,
Peter T

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Where did your OptionButtons, GroupBox and TextBox come from (the Visual
Basic or Forms Toolbar; or, perhaps, you are using a UserForm)? I ask
because the Forms' Toolbar has a GroupBox but no TextBox whereas the
Visual Basic Toolbar calls its "group box" a Frame and does have a
TextBox. Or are you mixing components from both Toolbars?

Rick

"Greg B" wrote in message
Yeah I didn't make much sence sorry, I have a group of 7 optionbuttons
in a group called "expenses".
Instead of going throught all with the code for each individual
optionbox, I was wondering if there was a way to have the selected box
put it's caption into a textbox called reason.

Hope that is a bit more understandable.

Thanks Again
Greg
Hi Greg,

Is that Option buttons on a form to which you have assigned a GroupName
property,
or
Forms OB's on a sheet, which you have Grouped or placed in a GroupBox
Or
ActiveX OB's on a Sheet which you have done either of the above or
given
GroupNames

After clarifying the above, explain that you mean by -

"I am looking to have reason.text show the answer."

What is "reason", what do you have in mind for the "answer"

Regards,
Peter T

"Greg B" wrote in message
I would like to know how I can get the data from a group of option
buttons.
I have a group of 8 optionbuttons with the names "e1" through to "e8",
the
name of the group is "expenses" I am not sure how to use or if I can
use
groupname vba. I am looking to have reason.text show the answer.
Or do I have to go through and write if e1.value = true then.....

thanks in advance

Greg