Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
eholz1 eholz1 is offline

Default workbook_open() sub does not work

On Jan 23, 10:54*am, Dave Peterson wrote:
chdir doesn't change the default drive.

I'd add a line:

chdrive dirpath
chdir dirpath

eholz1 wrote:

Hello,

I have an excel work book with a number of vba macros.
I have placed in "ThisWorkbook" a workbook_open() and workbook_close()
sub procedures. *The workbook_close seems to always fire correctly.

The workbook_open() either does not fire , or fires sometimes.

I am trying to change the default directory when the sheet/workbook
opens.

Here is my code for this procedu
I have dimmed the dirPath as Public
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
* * dirPath = "D:\Excel\SuzanneBrooks"
* * ChDir dirPath
* * With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Risk Control Sheet").lblWorkbook
* * * * .ForeColor = &HFF&
* * * * .Caption = "Workbook not Loaded"
* * * * .Width = 282
* * * * .Height = 13
* * End With
* * 'MsgBox CurDir
End Sub

It seems that the ChDir function does not reliably work?? or I am
missing something in terms of changing directories.

Any tips on this one??

Thanks,

eholz1

--

Dave Peterson

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the tip.. I love this newsgroup!

Eric