Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg B[_12_] Greg B[_12_] is offline

Default Groups in Option buttons

Yeah I didn't make much sence sorry, I have a group of 7 optionbuttons in a
group called "expenses".
Instead of going throught all with the code for each individual optionbox,
I was wondering if there was a way to have the selected box put it's caption
into a textbox called reason.

Hope that is a bit more understandable.

Thanks Again
Greg
Hi Greg,

Is that Option buttons on a form to which you have assigned a GroupName
property,
or
Forms OB's on a sheet, which you have Grouped or placed in a GroupBox
Or
ActiveX OB's on a Sheet which you have done either of the above or given
GroupNames

After clarifying the above, explain that you mean by -

"I am looking to have reason.text show the answer."

What is "reason", what do you have in mind for the "answer"

Regards,
Peter T

"Greg B" wrote in message
I would like to know how I can get the data from a group of option

buttons.
I have a group of 8 optionbuttons with the names "e1" through to "e8",
the
name of the group is "expenses" I am not sure how to use or if I can use

groupname vba. I am looking to have reason.text show the answer.
Or do I have to go through and write if e1.value = true then.....

thanks in advance

Greg