Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Clark Wilson[_2_] Clark Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 XmlMap.ExportXml producing empty string

A tiny test add-in created from scratch in VS 2008 has the problem. A tiny
test add-in created from scratch in VS 2005 on the same machine does *not*
have the problem.

So we're on the way to a diagnosis and fix, I guess.

Excel 2007 SP1. At some past time was using VS 2005; now using VS
2008. Just installed Forefront client (I mention this because I've
seen posts about certain XML functionality in some Microsoft contexts
being affected by permissions on temp folders, etc., etc.) He says the
relevant PIA hasn't changed in a long, long time.

Any ideas how to diagnose and fix this problem?