Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Smith Ron Smith is offline

Default Need value of last number in a column

I have a column of numbers (stock prices) that I am updating daily. I want
to use the last value I entered in the column to calculate my losses (current
price - fixed beginning stock price). I can get the Row number with the ROW
function, but am unsuccessful when trying to use this number in a Cell
reference:
i.e. +C=ROW(A55) -- where C is the column and =ROW(A55) will return 55
(contents of Cell 55 being what I am after).
Is there a way I can get this Cell reference to work or is there another
function or method I can use to determine the last value in a column.
--
Ron Smith in Round Rock