robot

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your reply. I heed your advice and try deleting temp files in
my TEMP dir, and found that a file, namely ~dfd0a9.tmp, was created when I
rename (no need to open!) my Excel file, and can't be deleted without a
reboot. There must be something wrong with my system. :-(

More suggestions are most welcome.

"Frank Kabel" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
Hi
try clearing the TEMP directory, reboot your computer and try again

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"robot" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello,

When I open a certain Excel file, I receive a message to the effect

that

'The file <filename is locked because it is being edited by

<myname. Press
Read Only or Notify.'

Now the file, which I created and use myself, has never been shared,

and
every time I encounter this situation, I must use the 'Save As'

command to
save any changes to the file.

How do I unlock the file? Suggestions are most welcome!