Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Find Text the Insert Sum

That line of code may be redundant/overkill. But it should still work.

Joel wrote:

You have too much info in the find statement. the set already defines the
workshhet and range. You don't need to redefine the worksheet and range.

from
LastRow = Sheets("QUOTE").Range(mySubTotal.Address).Offset(-1, 0).Row
LastRow = mySubTotal.Offset(-1, 0).Row

"RyanH" wrote:

I have a order sheet that has a list of products and there prices. The
prices are located in Column F. I want to beable to Sum all the products in
a Cell that is next to a cell the words Sub Total in it. So I wrote my code
to search Col. E for "Sub Total" and return the address. But I am getting an
error on my variable LastRow, why? Is there an easier way of doing the
subtotal?

For example, if "Sub Total" is in Cells(20,5) then the pricing sum should be
in Cells(20,6). Note: Below the Sub Total Cell, I have Shipping Costs,
Freight, and then TOTAL.

Sub SubTotal()

Dim LastRow As Long
Dim mySubTotal As Range

Set mySubTotal = Sheets("QUOTE").Columns("E:E").Find(What:="Sub Total", _
After:=Cells(6, 5), _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, _
SearchFormat:=False)

LastRow = Sheets("QUOTE").Range(mySubTotal.Address).Offset(-1, 0).Row
<==Error

Sheets("QUOTE").Range(mySubTotal.Address).Offset(0 , 1).Value =
WorksheetFunction.Sum("F6:F" & LastRow - 1)

Dave Peterson