Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
alanas alanas is offline

Default Zero values in Pivot Tables

Dear Debra Dalgleish,

thank you for your responses and willingness to help. I understand my
problem and I think it's impossible to show that data in PivotTable. The
problem is not in the resulting PivotTable, that's in initial (source) data.
For example it looks like this:
City Type
NY a
NY a
NY b
Tokyo a
Tokyo a
Tokyo b
Tokyo c
Tokyo c

And from this table I'm building next PivotTable:

Page field: Cities: (All)

Rows field: Data field:
Types Sum of Types
b 2
a 4
c 3

But if I filter by NY (city). I will see next PivotTable:

Page field: Cities: NY

Rows field: Data field:
Types Sum of Types
b 1
a 2

But, anyway I wanted to see one more row like: c 0. Is it possible???

alanas.
P.S. I hope it was understandable.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

How are the zero rows being automatically hidden?

alanas wrote:
1) I am using Excel 2003
2) Yes I have. And "01.03.08" is checked there to be shown. But anyway, that
is not displayed in the Rows field, because "Sales" equals to 0 (in Data
field).
So How can I solve it in PivotTables?

alanas

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote: