מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

Well, you may consider using the function REPLACE.
1. Leave the column "A" empty.
2. In cell B1 type: =REPLACE(A1,1,10,"xxxxxxxxxx...")
*** where instead of the xxxxx you will type 35 spaces !
3. Drag (copy) that formula down to where ever you need.
4. Select the WHOLE range in column "B" and pres Ctrl+C (Copy)
5. Move to cell C1 and in the main menu: Edit Paste Special mark the
redio button "Values" OK.
*** Column "C" has 35 spaces in each Cell.
Please forgive my bad English as it is not my mothers tounge.
Michael Avidan - ISRAEL
http://forums.tapuz.co.il/office

"CHARI" wrote:

I'm not familiar enough with macros. Is there another way?

"CHARI" wrote:

IN EXCEL, HOW DO I SHOW A CELL THAT IS EMPTY AS HAVING IT FILLED WITH SPACES
AND HAVING A PARTICULAR LENGTH (FOR EXAMPLE 35). I NEED THIS FOR A CLIPBOARD
AND IF THE DOESN'T COUNT THE SPACES, IT THROWS OFF THE POSITION OF THE NEXT
CELL