Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Understanding and comparing stock market figures

This is the sort of thing I do for clients often. The basic way I do this is
to goto the web siteright click on the desired tableimport to excel. Once
importeddataimport external dataedit queryetc. Then record a macro doing
thatincoporate into a loop using your variable number
http://money.rediff.com/money/jsp/co...yCode=17040007
"URL;http://money.rediff.com/money/jsp/current_stat.jsp?companyCode=" &
mycodenum

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

wrote in message
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and new to Stock market as
well. I am working on automating my manual work that I do everyday to
understand and compare stock market figures. One of my friend told me
that it can be done in excel and I can take help from the experts on
this site. It would be of great help if somebody can show me
directions as to how I can use excel to automate my daily manual work.

I don't know if this is possible. I want to go to a website and pick
up some values from there with the help of excel programming. There
would be a unique number in each url that would represent a company.
The unique number would always be in column "A" and the name of the
company will be in column "B"

In my example, cell "A3" contains number 17040007 that represents a
company "Cinevistaas Ltd.", cell "A4" contains number 17080029 that
represents a company "Jagran Prakashan", cell "A5" contains number
17020012 that represents a company "Jain Irrigation". I have 33
companies where I want to update the figures on a regular basis.

I want to go to the site below and get the "Last Traded", "Change",
"Volume", "Prev Close", "Day's H/L (Rs)", "Mkt Cap (Rs Cr)", "52wk H/L
(Rs)" and "PE ratio" figures (Scroll below for PE ratio) and put it
under appropriate headings in the excel file, format of which is shown
below.
http://money.rediff.com/money/jsp/co...yCode=17040007
(The number 17040007 should be picked up from cell A3)

Once the above is done, I want to go to the site given below and get
the "Sales", "EPS (Rs)", "Net profit/loss" and "NPM (%)" figures in
the last five quarters and input it in the same excel sheet in
appropriate columns.
http://money.rediff.com/money/jsp/co...yCode=17040007

Do the same process again and get the "Sales", "EPS (Rs)", "Net profit/
loss" and "NPM (%)" figures in the last five half-yearly period.
http://money.rediff.com/money/jsp/co...yCode=17040007

Do the same process again and get the "Sales", "EPS (Rs)", "Net profit/
loss" and "NPM (%)" figures in the last five years.
http://money.rediff.com/money/jsp/co...yCode=17040007

Once everything is done move to the other company, ID given in cell
"A4"

Excel sheet headings: from column "A" to column "BR"
"Company ID"
"Company name"
"Last Traded"
"Change"