Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] wfgfreedom@gmail.com is offline

Default Next Without For Error

On Jan 21, 8:34*pm, Richard Marsden
wrote:
This "IF" construct is missing a final ENDIF:

* * *If Ahead = 0 Then
* * *Cells(RowCount, 6) = 0
* * *ElseIf Ahead < 0 Then

This kind of error would be easier to pickup if you used tabs more to
reflect the structure of your code. This also makes it easier to match
FOR/NEXT statements and other loops,etc.

Richard

--
Richard Marsden
Winwaed Software Technology LLChttp://www.winwaed.com

wrote:
I am getting an error message of "Next without For" on the Next
RowCount Statement at the end of the following code. *Can anyone tell
me why?

Frank

Sub Macro()

* * LastRw = 54
* * NewRowCount = 38
* * For RowCount = NewRowCount To LastRw Step 2
* * Ahead = Cells(RowCount, 5) - Cells(RowCount, 4)
* * If Ahead = 0 Then
* * Cells(RowCount, 6) = 0
* * ElseIf Ahead < 0 Then
* * Cells(RowCount, 6) = Ahead * -1
* * Ahead = 0
* * LastColumn = 18
* * NewColumnCount = 8
* * For ColumnCount = NewColumnCount To LastColumn Step 2
* * If Ahead = 0 Then
* * Cells(RowCount, ColumnCount) = Cells(RowCount + 1, ColumnCount) -
Cells(RowCount + 1, ColumnCount - 2)

* * ElseIf Ahead 0 And Ahead Cells(RowCount + 1, ColumnCount) -
Cells(RowCount + 1, ColumnCount - 2) Then
* * Cells(RowCount, ColumnCount) = 0
* * Ahead = Ahead - (Cells(RowCount + 1, ColumnCount) - Cells(RowCount
+ 1, ColumnCount - 2))

* * ElseIf Ahead 0 And Ahead < Cells(RowCount + 1, ColumnCount) -
Cells(RowCount + 1, ColumnCount - 2) Then
* * Cells(RowCount, ColumnCount) = Cells(RowCount + 1, ColumnCount) -
Cells(RowCount + 1, ColumnCount - 2) - Ahead
* * Ahead = 0

* * End If
* * Next ColumnCount
* * Next RowCount

* * End Sub- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for pointing out the simple error, and your advise to prevent
similar errors. I will use tabs more in the future.

Regards,
Frank