Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Numberformat applied but does not change data

Yes, I understand that you are using VB6, however, Excel doesn't change.
What I found is that Excel has built in features for manual entries of
percentages. If the number is = 1 then it simply attaches the % symbol. If
the number is < 1 but 0 then it multiplies by 100 and displays as a
percentage. Now... If the value is entered by code and the cell is formatted
for percentage it multiplies everything by 100.

This does not resolve the fact that your display did not show the percent
symbol.
So, if you are sending 015.00 to the cell it must be as a string variable
since it would otherwise be converted to 15 as an integer. When I tried
that, It converted the string to 1500 just like the number 15.

So the conclusion is, I don't know why you are getting that result since I
can't duplicate it.
"Tony Girgenti" wrote:

Hello JLGWhiz.

I'm not using VBA, but thanks for anything that you can find. Very much
appreciated.

Tony

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

You can disregard the previous posting. I just noticed an odd occurrence.
If I manually enter 15 or .15 either will give me 15% displayed. However, if
I enter the amount in code as 15 it gives me 1500% and 0.15 gives me 15%
displayed. This has to be an Excel/VBA bug. I am going to check the
Microsoft site for any alerts on this.

"Tony Girgenti" wrote:

Hello.

I'm using VB6.0, SP6 and Excel 2003, SP3.

I'm formatting a worksheet column and then filling the columns with data.
The format gets applied, but the data is not appearing as expected. These
lines of code are what i am using to format the column with a Percent.

newExcelWorkSheet.Columns("D").NumberFormat = "0.00%"
newExcelWorkSheet.Columns("D").HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter

When i open the Excel workbook, the data is there and those cells show it
formatted as Percent with 2 decimals. The data is sent to the value of the
cell as "015.00"(without the quotes), yet when open the workbook, it appears
as 015.00. I was expecting it to appear as 15.00%.

The HorizontalAlignment works. Why is the data not appearing as a percent?

If i open the workbook and put 015.00 in one of the formatted cells, it does
appear as 15.00%.

Thanks,
Tony