Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tony Girgenti Tony Girgenti is offline

Default Numberformat applied but does not change data

Hello.

I'm using VB6.0, SP6 and Excel 2003, SP3.

I'm formatting a worksheet column and then filling the columns with data.
The format gets applied, but the data is not appearing as expected. These
lines of code are what i am using to format the column with a Percent.

newExcelWorkSheet.Columns("D").NumberFormat = "0.00%"
newExcelWorkSheet.Columns("D").HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter

When i open the Excel workbook, the data is there and those cells show it
formatted as Percent with 2 decimals. The data is sent to the value of the
cell as "015.00"(without the quotes), yet when open the workbook, it appears
as 015.00. I was expecting it to appear as 15.00%.

The HorizontalAlignment works. Why is the data not appearing as a percent?

If i open the workbook and put 015.00 in one of the formatted cells, it does
appear as 15.00%.

Thanks,
Tony