Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AB[_2_] AB[_2_] is offline

Default Automate Data Entry from .xls to IE

I was hoping someone could explain in simple terms how i can make it
work, i.e., how do i write this code.

This is what I'd need:
I need to automate entering data into an IE based form. I got that far
to create IE object and to navigate to the url but i:
1. don't know how to get IE element name;
2. post value to that element;
3. make the code click on the element.

This is the unfinished code.

Sub WebLink()

Dim ie As Object
Dim sURL As String
Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

sURL = "http://www.yahoo.com"

ie.Visible = True
ie.Navigate sURL

'wait for response
Do Until Not ie.Busy And ie.ReadyState = 4
DoEvents
Loop

'Here i need a code to:
' 1. enter a value "Australia" in the search box
' 2. Click on "Web Search".

Set ie = Nothing

End Sub

Any help would be extremely helpful as i know something about the VBA
but this is outside my comfort zone. I have, however, achieved the
same result with SendKey - but i wanted to solve it in a bit more
robust way.

Thanks in advance!