Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Error: If Range("AZ" & intCounter).Text = "" Then

And it's not just the value that's important--it's what you see in the cell--not
the formulabar.

You could see ####'s returned (in .text) if the columnwidth isn't wide enough.

You could see nothing (in .text) if the number format hides the value (custom
format of ;;; for instance).

But if you can see something in the cell, you should see something returned with
..text.

wrote:

After some more testing I've found that the problem is that
"Range("AZ" & intCounter).Text" returns nothing if the cell content
only contains numbers. If I change to "Range("AZ" & intCounter).Value"
it returns the content also if the content only is a number. Why
doesn't it return the content with .Text?

// S

On 21 Jan, 10:52, "Nigel" wrote:
You are applying a logical test...... if is = "" ....which will evaluate
TRUE, if the cell is empty, FALSE otherwise.

Nigel

wrote in message

I have a very strange error in Excel 2003:

All cells in column AZ are empty. When I run this code:

If Range("AZ" & intCounter).Text = "" Then

it says that the cells contain the value TRUE.

How can this be possible?

Very grateful for help!

// S- Dölj citerad text -

- Visa citerad text -