Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick S. Rick S. is offline

Default loop help

Rows 3 and 4 would be a range, rows 6 thru 8 would be a range and rows 10
thru 12 would be a range.
I did forget to mention the last row I want to count would have "END" in it.
So in your example Row 13 would be "END" (no quoates). At that point I
would offset up one cell.

Instead of having the same text for each row:
Row 1: aaa
Row 2: bbb
Row 3: ccc
Row 4: ccc
Row 5: ddd
Row 6: eeee
Row 7: eeee
Row 8: eeee
Row 9: fff
Row 10: ggg
Row 11: ggg
Row 12: ggg
Row 13: END

The rows have been created as in your example.

Please excuse the confusion, it was a frustrating day.
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what you want. Lets pretend this is
the contents of Row A..

Row 1: aaa
Row 2: bbb
Row 3: ccc
Row 4:
Row 5: ddd
Row 6: eeee
Row 7:
Row 8:
Row 9: fff
Row 10: ggg
Row 11:
Row 12:

Everything after row 11 is empty. Which row did you want to find?

Rick

"Rick S." wrote in message
In the code below I am able to see the cell.address of cells with values
(true) and cells without values (false). Of this I can't seem to capture
when the last empty cell occured so I can set a range of first cell with a
value and last cell without a value.

As an example (Column A only); row1 would be true, then row 5 would be
true
all rows in between would be false. How can I get the range of row 1 thru
row 4?

I initially thought I would get the address of the last cell before
finding
a cell that is true again.
So much for that theory.
'======
Sub RowCount()

lrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row ' count used rows in
Column A

For Each c In ActiveSheet.Range("A3:A" & lrow)
If c < "" Then 'if "c" is something get cell address
vNameCellAddress = c.Address 'get cell address of cell with a value
MsgBox "True" & " " & vNameCellAddress 'for testing
End If
If c = "" Then
vEmptyCellAddress = c.Address 'get cell address of cell with a value
MsgBox "False" & " " & vEmptyCellAddress 'for testing
End If
MsgBox vNameCellAddress & " " & vEmptyCellAddress
Next
End Sub
'======

Thanks in advance