Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Wilson Sam Wilson is offline

Default Excel 2002 - EMPLOYEE WEEKLY SCHEDULE

I wouldn't format it as any sort of time! The first half of your formula
(before *24) will give you a number equal to the number of days worked, so
including the second half of your formula will give you the number of hours.

Format B4:O4 as "HH:MM", then if P4 was your calculation have the following:
Q4: =int(P4)
R4: =(P4-Q4 )*60

And format Q4:R4 as number (no decimal places) These are then hours &
minutes worked. Hope that helps?

Sam

"Timithesis" wrote:

I'm sorry I guess I forgot to ADD this to the above question I made it is for
Excel 2002

"Timithesis" wrote:

OK, I have tried multiple ways of creating a schedule for my employees and I
have looked at multiple POSTS, but the one I think might of helped me I can't
find again.

So, please help me finally figure this (probibly easy formula for you, just
not me).

A4 is the employee name

B4 is Sunday ""IN" time OFF
C4 is Sunday "OUT" time OFF

D4 is Monday "IN" time OFF
E4 is Monday "OUT" time OFF

F4 is Tuesday ""IN" time OFF
G4 is Tuesday "OUT" time OFF

H4 is Wednesday "IN" time OFF
I4 is Wednesday "OUT" time OFF

J4 is Thursday ""IN" time 4:30 PM
K4 is Thursday "OUT" time 12:30 AM

L4 is Friday "IN" time 5:00 PM
M4 is Friday "OUT" time 1:00 AM

N4 is Saturday ""IN" time 1:00 PM
O4 is Saturday "OUT" time 5:30 AM

P4 is TOTAL time worked for week B4 thru O4 (to also adjust for 30 minute
lunch for any shift greater then 5 hours). Note: employee "OFF" Sunday thru
Wednesday (I plan on leaving the "OFF" days blank or empty)

B4 thru O4 should be "cell formatted) as ??
General?? Time?? Custom h:mm AM/PM?? or something else??

I know I am close to figuring this out, but I am seeking the final formula!!
(((C4-B4)+(E4-D4)+(G4-F4)+(I4-H4)+(K4-J4)+(M4-L4)+(O4-N4))*24)
that's a close as I seem to get..........H..E..L..P