Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Macro to schedule downloads

Simplest is to use the Windows task scheduler.
This can start Excel with a workbook as an argument to open that workbook.
Code can then be started from the Workbook_Open event and your code can then
detect the end of Friday to stop running and close the workbook
and then do an Application.Quit.

RBS

"Andyjim" wrote in message

I want to download market data into Excel every 10 minutes from 6PM Sun to
5PM Fri. I have a macro (GetQuotes) to do the actual download, which works
fine. But I have no clue how to VBA running that macro on a schedule,
stopping on weekends. The scheduling macro should launch when the file
opens,
and of course it needs to know the date and time automatically. Further,
I'd
like to be able to interupt and restart the scheduling macro without
closing
the file.

Andy