Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Cannot hide columns/rows

Well, I would not have ever thought of **that** as the problem. Thanks for
posting that you found the problem and what the solution was.

I did some testing on different cells and found some differences in how
Excel reacts to comments. Most of the time, simply having the comment touch
a cell, even partly, was enough to block its column from being hidden;
however, in some other cases, a partially touched column was able to be
hidden and, when that happened, the comment was physically shown on the
other side of the cell it was attached to (with the pointer arrow going
straight across the cell). Now I didn't test too much, but I could not find
anyway to control making this happen (I was able to make it happen only
twice).

Rick

"PO" <h wrote in message ...
Solved it. It turnes out that one of the comments is to broad. It's
reaching into col X when visible.

Regards
Pete

"PO" <h skrev i meddelandet
Excel 2003, sp2

Hi,

I'm trying to hide columns X:IV so that the user only can see columns
A:W. However Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True raises an error - "The
hidden property cannot be set for the range class" (roughly translated
from swedish). As far as I can see there aren't any objects in those
columns. I also tried selection.clear but it still doesn't work. The area
is totaly empty. If I try to hide the columns manualy from within excel I
get the error message "Object cannot be moved outside sheet".

Any ideas?

Regards
Pete