Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PO PO is offline

Default Cannot hide columns/rows

That doesn't work either. If I try the same code on a new worksheet it
works. It's just this sheet which contains some formulas and formatting -
nothing special. As I said, the cells are empty, they don't contain any
named ranges and they aren't part of any print area. It's some kind of a
mystery really :(

Regards
Pete

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" skrev i
meddelandet ...
Try this...

Columns("X:IV").EntireColumn.Hidden = True

Rick

"PO" <h wrote in message ...
Excel 2003, sp2

Hi,

I'm trying to hide columns X:IV so that the user only can see columns
A:W. However Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True raises an error - "The
hidden property cannot be set for the range class" (roughly translated
from swedish). As far as I can see there aren't any objects in those
columns. I also tried selection.clear but it still doesn't work. The area
is totaly empty. If I try to hide the columns manualy from within excel I
get the error message "Object cannot be moved outside sheet".

Any ideas?

Regards
Pete